OUR NETWORK:TiVo Community TechLore Explore3DTV DVRplayground Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 2290330.0
January 30, 2008 10:25 AM
Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

catwalker

I made a recording of a public forum we hosted the other day, and I was impressed with the recording quality.  But now I don't seem to be able to upload the file to my computer.  We'd like to share this file.  How can I move it from the player to my PC?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-19 of 19 | Latest Comment

January 30, 2008 10:25 AM

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm using a Sansa View.

January 30, 2008 4:52 PM

My new view is on the way. Once here I can definitly give you an answer. But when plugged into your computer and you view the files on it, can you see the recording file? Then just move it to your computer?

BC Support Design and Development

January 30, 2008 9:26 PM

Hi,

Thanks for responding.  I was able to get this to work, but of course I tried changing all things at once, so I don't know which one did the trick.  

I had renamed the file on the player, and so I changed it back to the original (date_01.wav).  Also, I thought I had tried moving the lock button this morning without result, but I tried again to make sure that the player was unlocked.  I was able to select the file and move it (using the menu) to a folder on my computer. 

This morning, I had tried both moving the file by hand and an upload sync feature, which gave me an error and a message saying that it was not possible to upload a file.  

Anyway, problem is solved.  Now I just need to figure out how to set up a playlist.  I can create one, but when I move it to the player, the files are transferred and put into random places, and the playlist is empty.

One puzzle at a time. 

I should say, though, that I was quite pleased with the voice recorder performance, as the event was in a hall with a big crowd (speakers were mic'd to a sound system).  The result wasn't perfect, but is quite listenable.  I will get better with practice.  

Thanks, 

catwalker. 

January 31, 2008 5:17 PM

Glad you go it working!

The voice recorder is one of the main reasons I wanted one. I can use it a lot at work.

February 29, 2008 12:32 AM

Hi guys

I've tried the same with no success.  I can view the files, and I can play them on the computer, but I haven't been able to figure out how to save them on the computer.  A serious bummer, because voice recording is the whole reason I got the Sansa.

thanks

Roger

March 1, 2008 12:49 PM

I was lookng at some other Sansa accessories and I thought of something you could do.

You could get a cable that plugs in from the Sansa to the Mic jack on your computer and record it manually.

But, if you can see the files on your computer, can you just drag them to your desktop?

View unverified member's comment - posted by Langevip

March 10, 2008 7:22 PM

I tried this on mine and had no problems at all. It save the Wav file on the Sansa and when I connect to the computer i can simply drag the WAV file to my desktop to save it there.

It also seems to play fine on both the Sansa and the Computer. 

April 25, 2008 8:08 PM

Langevip, you still having the same problem?

July 25, 2008 11:06 PM

Langevip said: Unfortunately, I still have the same problem. In the next few days, I'll get a new computer with Vista installed. I'll try again with this new configuration and hope it'll work fine.
How did it work on your New Vista machine?

July 28, 2008 3:33 PM

Don't know if this was already stated, but...
The View uses a variant of .WAV that's not the normal PCM wave that you would normally get.
To get the .wav file changed to something you can transfer burn etc, you need to do the following:
Drag and drop the recorded file onto your computer (Desktop is easiest)
Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, and select Sound Recorder
Next, go to File and select Open
Find your recording and click open
Now go to Save As and make sure the save as type is .WAV
Click change right under that, and make sure the wave is PCM.
(You can change the attributes to make the bit rate higher if you so choose. I use 44.100kHz, 16-bit, Stereo 172kb/sec) Its good quality
Click ok, click save and tadah, you have your playable wav now.

July 28, 2008 8:28 PM

Wow, Apix, great tip! I would have never thought of that!

July 29, 2008 1:53 PM

Figured i'd share, since i had a similar problem, and it took me 3 days straight to figure it out. And COUNTLESS wav converters that never worked lol

December 18, 2008 9:18 PM

I have a sansa fuze. I just moved files to computer. Then I used Exact Audio Copy to compress it to an mp3 file. Worked fine for me. I recorded off my radio. I've used it with voice too.

View unverified member's comment - posted by crazymusiclover

January 24, 2010 9:55 PM

I can not get the voice recordings from my sansa view onto my computer, Ive tried everything I know! help!

June 23, 2012 5:46 PM

while sansa is not connected to computer turn the dial to settings, choose system settings then usb mode, select auto as the usb mode then plug into computer. Either along bottom of screen or on device menu page you should see icon of sansa. select it and click on folder of internal memory files, not sd card files, then you should see folder with recordings.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-19 of 19 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window