OUR NETWORK:TiVo Community TechLore Explore3DTV DVRplayground Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 8951480.0
April 16, 2009 08:34 PM

Categories: Sansa Clip / Clip +

Rating (2 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

john902

I have a 4GB Sansa Clip that won't turn on. At all. It won't even recharge. When I plug it in to the computer it says it's recharging but it's not. Cause I left it for a good 3 hours. I keep holding the power switch up but nothing happens. I also installed it with the new firmware. It won't even work with that. If I don't find a solution within 5 days, I'm returning it.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-25 of 113 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

April 18, 2009 6:44 PM

Did you try tech support? I have found them pretty good.

BC Support Design and Development

May 7, 2009 2:41 PM updated: May 7, 2009 2:49 PM

I had this issue today! I googled "sansa clip won't respond" and found a page where someone said to hold the on/off slider in the up position (as if you were turning it on) for about 15 seconds. Then turn it on like normal. Apparently it's a soft reset which returns the player to the last successful shutdown. SO helpful! I'm SO glad, I was worried that it was broken!

May 18, 2009 6:38 PM

I just had this problem with my 8GB Sansa Fuze today where it wouldn't turn on and my PC wouldn't recognize it, and the soft reset did the trick. Thanks.

View unverified member's comment - posted by MichL

View unverified member's comment - posted by Amy Beth

August 16, 2009 10:23 PM

I had the same problem with my 4GB clip. The restart trick was pure genious. I had just bought it today and really was hoping I would not have to return the thing. Thanks folks!

February 17, 2010 12:53 PM

*** Deleted By Moderator ***

February 21, 2010 6:09 AM

My 8GB sansa clip would not turn on at all after putting a 4GB card into it.
The widely-diseminated 'hold down the power/reset for 15 seconds' achieved nothing.

Holding down volume + and pressing power/reset made it turn on straight away. It displayed the logo for 40 seconds, then continued playing the previous track where it left off.

March 14, 2010 1:33 AM

my sansa clip 4G, won't turn on also. when i plug it to the power or to the computer it looks like it's charging, but after leaving it for 7 hours, it still didn't turn on. when trying to use the reset trick it also doesn't work.
anyone has another advise?
thanks a lot!

View unverified member's comment - posted by SV

April 1, 2010 3:49 AM

I've tried to restart. It didn't work for me.

April 13, 2010 1:51 PM

My Clip 8GB (only 2 months old) died on me four days ago, while I was listening to it. It had a full charge. Wouldn't power on or respond at all. Resetting did not work. No activity from plugging into PC or standard wall charger. For all I could tell it was completely dead.

Yesterday, I picked it up and slid the power switch up, and it came back on. The power was completely drained and it turned off again a moment later, but when I connected it to my PC it started charging normally. It seems to be working just fine now.

All I can imagine is that something was happening internally, which slowly drained the battery, even though the screen and buttons weren't lighting up. When the battery finally ran out, it seemed to come out of a trance and was back to normal.

This is the second 8GB Clip I've had. I liked the first one so much that I bought it again when it came up on Woot (it was wearing out, audio plug starting to go bad, clip was broken off). I remember this happening a few times with the first one too, though I didn't make the connection until now.

So, if all else fails, just let it sit for a few days (not charging). Maybe it's just taking a temporary leave from sanity.

April 14, 2010 4:21 PM

The same thing just happened with my 8GB Sansa Clip and the soft reset worked too! Thanks!

April 23, 2010 8:56 AM updated: April 23, 2010 9:03 AM

Please see my comment below, I didn't realize it posted twice.

April 23, 2010 9:01 AM

I have a 4GB clip and it is working fine except for powering on. None of the resets mentioned above work, it simply won't turn on. The odd thing is that as soon as I connect to the computer it will power on and I can disconnect the player and use it as normal--it is charged and I have no problems syncing. It doesn't have to stay connected to the computer to stay on and it's battery life is good but as soon as I hit "stop" and it has time to go to sleep, it won't turn back on without getting a "jump start" from being connected to the computer...any thoughts?

View unverified member's comment - posted by nano

July 2, 2010 7:50 AM

My new 8mb died on me while playing after two months of excellent service. It just displayed "Goodbye" and did nothing else. I tried the soft reset, which turned it off but when I turned it back on, the logo comes up for 40 secs then it went back to playing the last song. Seem to work now, thanks for suggesting the soft reset.

July 3, 2010 6:51 AM

Dead as a rock! Started staying on with the logo and nothing else, tried the rest trick mentioned here, it worked for a few minutes. I left it charging and now it will not come on, no matter what combination of buttons I use. This si a big disappoinment. It is my second SANSA since I gave away the previous one. Not sure I wil buy another.

July 22, 2010 5:42 PM

hey, ive had my sansa clip 2gb for nearly a year now and the other day i turned it off and now it wont turn back on, ive had it connected to the computer and its charging and connected, but as soon as i disconnect it stops working, will not turn on at all. ive tried the soft reset and nothing is happening. i have no idea what to do. Any suggestions...

Thanks

July 25, 2010 11:31 AM

zoe said: hey, ive had my sansa clip 2gb for nearly a year now and the other day i turned it off and now it wont turn back on, ive had it connected to the computer and its charging and connected, but as soon as i disconnect it stops working, will not turn on at all. ive tried the soft reset and nothing is happening. i have no idea what to do. Any suggestions... Thanks

I'd suggest trying the same thing that I did... just leave it alone for a few days, don't put it on the charger or connect to your PC.  After a few days once the battery has completely discharged, it might come on.  Then you can charge it up and hopefully it will be fine.

BTW, I accidentally left my Clip out in a heavy rainstorm last night... got completely drenched.  It's sitting in a bowl of instant rice in a warm oven today, hopefully this will dry it out...  :-P

Jim

View unverified member's comment - posted by Avi

August 8, 2010 1:06 PM

Similar issue with my 8GB Clip. 15 second soft reset did the trick for me. Thank you.

August 9, 2010 7:45 PM

i have a 4 GB sansa mp3 and it say's ''CONNECT DEVICE AND RECOVER FAT''' what in the hell that mean, it's fully charged.

August 9, 2010 7:49 PM

my 4 GB sansa mp3 kept sayin ''CONNECT DEVICE AND RECOVER FAT'' i have no idea what does that mean.

View unverified member's comment - posted by Sarypooh

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-25 of 113 | Latest Comment | 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window