OUR NETWORK: TiVo Community TechLore Explore3DTV DVRplayground Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1087780.0
July 9, 2010 01:40 PM

Categories: Sansa Clip / Clip +

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

RND3T5

Hi,

I purchased a Sansa CLIP+ 2GB (Black) and it works perfectly with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Whenever I connect it via the provided USB cable to my computer, I am able to load files onto the player, delete them, etc. Everything functions normal.

My only issue thus far is this: when it's time I remove the player from the USB, I can't see the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon down at the programs bar (I am a windows user). By connecting another USB device as the CLIP+ is connected, I am able to get that program to open up, but it doesn't list the CLIP+.

Now, this forces me to disconnect the CLIP+ by physically pulling it out from the USB cable without first disabling it completely, something which I know is a bad habit that may potentially harm the player to the point where it is no longer usable and needs to be replaced.

How can I safely Remove the CLIP+ from within the OS first? Here's a pic:

Thanks,
N.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

July 11, 2010 2:00 PM

You should be able to right click on the drive in Windows Explorer and "eject" it, that performs the same function as the "safely remove device" option in the taskbar.

Peter Redmer
Administrator
Blog | Twitter

August 18, 2010 7:14 PM

Yeah, I noticed this as well. I would like to know for sure whether this is actually a problem, or whether simply unplugging the device is safe.

August 27, 2010 11:27 AM updated: August 27, 2010 11:28 AM

I just received my Clip+ and checked after reading above - Hardware Properties / Policies is set to default "Optimized for quick removal" (Win XP Home) so unlike drives that have write caching enabled, it doesn't need to go through the "safe removal" process. Just pull it out.

(A little googling should satisfy your mind. I did learn a caution from breaking one of my cameras, that the little plug-in on the Player side is fragile, and should be plugged in carefully so not to crack it.)

4GB Clip, Silicon skin.

December 29, 2010 9:43 AM updated: December 29, 2010 9:47 AM

I just disconnect the USB cable and my files seem to be OK, but my PC is unresponsive for about 1-2 minutes after I do that, so I would like to find a way to eject it properly, rather than just unplug and lose my PC for a couple of minutes.

Edited to add that I am running Windows 7. When I go to 'Devices and Printers' or 'Computer', none of the right click options include eject for this device.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-4 of 4 | Latest Comment

You must login to discuss this item.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window